Thursday, July 31, 2008

Feels Like I'm Shot in the Head

So to put it bluntly Monday was a kick in the pants.

Luckily for me, I ended up going with two of my high school friends, Kate and Christian, who are both maaaaarvelously talented (it makes me kinda nauseous). There's something to be said for safety in numbers. We waited in line from 9AM until about 1PM when we all got in. we were lined up at an open door, with one person at the table, and we went in one at a time, sang, and left. It was FAST. I was pretty impressed at their ability to just see all these people at face value.

Now the not-so-thrilling part of the day:

I felt horribly unprofessional. I had no headshot, I thought my resume was a piece of crap, and I felt, quite frankly, completely inferior just because of that. I just felt kind of immature and not prepared for this business. and that kind of scares me.

I know that if i put my mind to it I can put together a fabulous resume to send to Will Cantler and get my ass in gear to get a good headshot, so if you see me around the playhouse, bother me about it.

all for now.
xxx

1 comment:

Jodi Schoenbrun Carter said...

come talk to me tomorrow. we will get you ready.